- Project requires deconnable modular panel facility for decontamination of spent fuel shipping casks.
- Containment of high pressure water spray and steam cleaning decon system’s airborne and effluent discharge.
- HEPA air filtration system and liquid effluent collection system required to support project.
- Facility capable of passing leak rate criteria and operational testing to customer requirements.
RPS designs and delivers a turn-key modular facility:
- Deconnable modular panel containment system.
- One module, 18’ wide x 24’ long x 12’ high, stainless steel panels.
- Welded stainless steel drip pan floor container system with grid decking.
- Liquid collection and pump transfer system.
- Spent fuel cask support stand.
- 12’ wide x 24’ long roof access opening.
- HEPA ventilation system designed and delivered to provide 23 room volume air changes per hour and impose laminar air flow for vapor removal.
- Facility assembled in 2 weeks.
- Facility air leak tightness test: =<0.1 inch water column.
- Applications engineering, radiological engineering, mechanical design.
- Project management and cost control expertise applied.