View our informative video on the operation of a Perma-Con® system with a Negative Pressure Enclosure.
- HEU orphaned materials required down-blending to meet requirements for transportation, reprocessing, and disposition.
- Materials required a high level of isolation, containment, special handling, and special processing due to the nature of their constituents.
- RPS acted as the prime contractor for this turn-key containment and processing facility, and was the lead design agency for the containment, air, control, and safety systems.
- RPS lead a team of sub-contractors for engineering, erection, and acceptance testing of the facility and systems.
- Project facility and systems included:
- Modular panel containment (MPC) enclosure, a secondary containment processing facility.
- Negative pressure enclosure (NPE), a gloved enclosure primary containment HEU processing.
- Fire suppression & control systems for both the MPC & NPE.
- Cryogenic hi-shear blender integration and support systems in the NPE for LN2 and N2.
- Backdraft hood for material receipt inspection and preparation.
- MPC HEPA filtration unit, controls, and duct systems.
- NPE HEPA/HEGA filtration and PID control systems.
- Material handling and operations equipment for process control.
- Project fast tracked and completed in 5 months.