PIT-9 Demonstration Project Perma-Con® System
- “Retrieval Confinement Structure” to provide high integrity contamination confinement during radioactive waste excavation operations.
- Structure of modular design for ease of assembly, disassembly, and relocation.
- Confinement enclosure must meet site specific wind and seismic load requirements for INEEL site.
- Confinement building designed and tested to withstand 4” water gage negative pressure without failure.
- Confinement provides integral interface for externally mounted gloved enclosures and excavator.
- QC implemented for materials, welding, inspection and testing.
- RPS designs a high performance modular panel enclosure measuring 27' wide x 52' long x 24' high, with an auxiliary room 16’ wide x 47’ long x 12’ high.
- Modular panel system incorporates seismic structural requirements, fast erection, and ease of decontamination. Confinement is erected on-site in 2.5 weeks.
- OSHA compliant cat-walk system for roof access.
- Integrated fire protection, service air, dust suppression, and utility service systems.